Effective Date: 08/31/17
Registrations and Applications
You may be presented with the opportunity to register, apply for a loan, co-sign or vouch for a loan through the Mosaic Site and or the Site of Mosaic’s successors, assignees, affiliates, partners, vendors, representatives, third party lending partners, financial partners, loan brokers, or loan servicing partners. When you register, apply, co-sign or vouch for a loan, you agree to provide current, complete, and accurate information about yourself. If any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to cancel your registration, reject any application you have submitted, terminate any agreement we have with you, and restrict your future use of the Site and our Services. We reserve the right to reject any registration and/or decline any application for a loan.
To access our Services, you will be required to register and create an account on the Site. You may not disclose your user name or password to any third party. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password or account, please contact Mosaic at firstname.lastname@example.org or your lender and loan servicer, Digital Credit Union at email@example.com. You may be required to login in order to use certain parts of the Site.
Your Content and Information Sharing
All the information and content posted on the Site or privately transmit through the Site or via other means in connection with our Services is the sole responsibility of the person from which that content originated. We will not be responsible for any errors or omission in any information or content posted by a user.
Restrictions on Use
You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations in your use of the Site and our Services. In addition, you agree that you will not do any of the following:
- register for more than one account, or register for an account on behalf of an individual other than yourself or on behalf of any group or entity;
- post or otherwise make available content, or take any action on the Site, that may constitute libel or slander or that infringes or violates someone else's rights or is protected by any copyright or trademark, or otherwise violates the law;
- post or otherwise make available content that in our judgment is objectionable, such as content that is harmful, threatening, inflammatory, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or otherwise objectionable, or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type;
- post or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation;
- use the information or content on our Site to send unwanted messages to any other user;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- post or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any personal or financial information of any third party;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use the Site or our Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of our users from the Site by electronic or other means, including via the use automated scripts; or
- post or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Intellectual Property Proprietary Rights; Copyrights; Trademarks
All software, design, text, information, data, databases, images, photographs, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, artwork, graphic material, or other copyrightable elements (collectively, "Content"), other than User Content (as defined above), are the property of Solar Mosaic and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, licensors, vendors, partners or other respective owners and are protected, without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright laws. No Content (other than your own User Content) may be reproduced, modified, used to create derivative works, displayed, performed, published, distributed, disseminated, broadcast or circulated to any third party without our express prior written consent.
"Solar Mosaic," "Mosaic," "joinmosaic.com," "Turn Sunshine Into Savings" and all related logos (collectively, "Mosaic Trademarks") constitute our trademarks or service marks. Other company, product, and service names and logos used and displayed on Mosaic’s Site including the company name, company product, and service names of logos of Mosaic’s successors, assignees, affiliates, partners, vendors, representatives, third party lending partners, financial partners, loan brokers, or loan servicer providers (“Partner Trademarks”) may be trademarks or service marks owned by us or others. You may not use, copy, display, distribute, modify or reproduce any of the trademarks found on the Site unless in accordance with written authorization by us. The use of any of the Mosaic Trademarks and/or our Partner Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless we provide advance written approval. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress. You may not copy, imitate, or use them without our prior written consent. Any questions concerning any Mosaic Trademarks and/or our Partner Trademarks, or whether any mark or logo is a Mosaic Trademark or a Partner Trademark, should be referred to us.
All right, title and interest in and to the Website, any content thereon, our products and services, the technology related to our products and services, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing is our or our licensors' exclusive property.
If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may send a written notification to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail at Solar Mosaic Inc., 1212 Broadway, Suite 300, Oakland, CA 94612. In your notification please:
- confirm you are the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work that has been infringed;
- identify the copyrighted work or works you claim has been infringed;
- identify the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed; please include information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- provide your contact details, including an email address; and
- provide a statement that the information you have provided is accurate and that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
Links to Third Party Websites
We are not responsible for the information practices employed by sites linked to or from our web site. In most cases, links to third-party web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to our users. Since third-party web sites may have different privacy policies and/or security standards governing their sites, we advise you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of these sites prior to providing any personal information.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
No Warranty; Errors; Disclaimers
The Site and our products and services, including the product of Mosaic’s successors, assignees, affiliates, partners, vendors, representatives, third party lending partners, financial partners, loan brokers, or loan servicer providers, are provided "as is" and without any representation or warranty, whether express, implied or statutory. Calculators and tools on the Site provide you with estimates that may be different than actual amounts. You agree that Mosaic or your designated loan servicer may promptly correct any error that it discovers, including any error in calculating your loan rates. If the error results in your receipt of an incorrect interest rate, APR or origination fee, Mosaic or your designated loan servicer will notify you and provide you with the correct rate. You agree to provide any additional consent necessary to correct any errors that occur.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that all access and use of the Site and its contents and your use of the Services is at your own risk. Neither we, nor any third party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site and/or Services, has or will have any responsibility for any consequences relating, directly or indirectly, to any action or inaction that you may take based on the Site and/or Services, or any aspect thereof.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
ALL OF THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF WE OR OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NO ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR PERTAINING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE MAY BE BROUGHT MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION HAS ARISEN.