Effective Date: March 30, 2018
Consent and Updates
Except as stated above, all changes will apply to the personal data that is already collected and to the personal data that is collected after the effective date of the revised Policy. If any proposed change is unacceptable to you, you will have the right to terminate your relationship with us. You are advised to consult this Policy regularly for any changes.
What Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you that you provide while using our Services, including the application process and usage of our online platform. For example, we may collect the following personal information:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your home address and telephone number;
- your social security number;
- employment and income information;
- credit report, credit score and credit related information;
- credentials for and information from third-party sites; and
- information about your visits to and use of this website to help us maintain the appropriate features, functionality and user experience.
You can access and review the personal contact information you submit by accessing the borrower portal provided by your loan servicer who may be Mosaic and/or any of Mosaic’s successors, assignees, affiliates, partners, vendors, representatives, third party lending partners, financial partners, loan brokers, or loan servicing providers. To update your personal profile information on Mosaic’s platform, you can log in to your account using your email address and password specified at the time of registration. Click on the “Settings” section of “My Account” and make changes to your profile as necessary. Please note that if the servicing of your loan is transferred to an entity other than Mosaic, then you will have to update your personal profile with your new loan servicer, not Mosaic. You will be provided with notice of any loan servicing transfer in writing. If you believe that information reported by the credit bureau is inaccurate, please contact the credit bureau to make any changes.
In addition, we collect information about your computer and your visits to Mosaic’s website portal, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and page views, through the use of log files. We use this aggregated information in the administration of our website to improve its usability and to evaluate the success of particular marketing and advertising campaigns, search engine optimization strategies and other marketing activities, as well as for security purposes. We use non-identifying and aggregated information to help optimize our website based on the needs of our users. Please be advised that the information collected about your computer and your visits may be shared with Mosaic’s successors, assignees, affiliates, partners, vendors, representatives, third party lending partners, financial partners, loan brokers, or loan servicing providers.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from third parties, such as credit bureaus, identity verification services and other public records or websites, and third-party sites you provide us access to.
How We Collect Information
We collect information about you:
- when you register on our website, use our website or apply for a loan or to be an investor;
- from your transactions, including your purchases, repayments, account fundings and withdrawals;
- from your communications with us; and
- from third parties such as credit bureaus, identity verification services and other public records or websites.
Why We Collect Information
We may use and disclose your personal information that is collected through our Services in accordance with applicable law and the privacy notice, where appropriate, which uses may include:
- providing and managing Services you have requested;
- making offers of credit on behalf Mosaic and/or Mosaic’s successors, assignees, affiliates, partners, vendors, representatives, third party lending partners, financial partners, loan brokers, or loan servicing providers;
- verifying your identity and authenticating your identity;
- assessing your eligibility to invest on the Mosaic platform;
- creating borrower profiles on our website;
- protecting against fraud and security threats, and otherwise managing risks;
- communicating with you regarding services that may be of interest;
- communicating with other financial companies for joint marketing purposes evaluating and improving our website and other offerings;
- tailoring our services and otherwise enhancing features, functionality and customer experience; and
- satisfying legal or regulatory requirements or law enforcement requests; and as permitted by applicable law.
To help operate Mosaic’s website or the websites of our successors, assignees, affiliates, partners, vendors, representatives, third party lending partners, financial partners, loan brokers, or loan servicing providers, enhance your experience and collect information about online activity, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be in the form of cookies, pixel tags, local shared objects or other similar technologies. Cookies and similar technologies enable us to personalize our website and Services for you. These technologies may allow us to store and manage your preferences and settings, measure and analyze how you use our website and the effectiveness of our communications, offer services and help us improve our services and security.
- "Cookies" are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online services over time to customize your experience.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a web page or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
- Local shared objects, sometimes referred to as "flash cookies," may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local shared objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation but may not be managed in your browser in the same way. For more information on managing local shared objects, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete or disable these technologies. If you choose to reject cookies or similar technologies, some Services may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review your browser’s help pages for assistance with changing your settings.
"Do Not Track" Signals
California law requires that operators of websites disclose how they respond to a “Do Not Track” signal. However, because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals, if any, that we might receive from browsers. We will continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat Do Not Track signals. If you have any questions about cookies and other technologies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://networkadvertising.org/, or contact us as indicated in the How to Contact Us section below.
If you use Mosaic’s blog or other social media feature on Mosaic’s site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users of this forum, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this forum.
Links to or from Other Websites and Services
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed industry standards for financial institutions.
We protect your sensitive account information by storing it in encrypted form on computers not publically accessible via the Internet. We control access to this information via secure web pages and limit access to employees and third parties on a need-to-know basis. We do not allow visibility to social security numbers or bank account information via the website.
We employ firewalls and other security technologies to protect our servers from external attack. We enable our servers with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to establish a secure connection between your computer and our servers, creating a private “conversation” that cannot be viewed or accessed by other parties. We test our systems regularly to ensure that our security mechanisms are up to date.
We also employ session time-outs to protect your account. You will be logged out of the site automatically after a specified period of inactivity. This time-out feature reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.
We do not knowingly solicit from, and the Services are not intended for, children under 13, and children under 13 should not provide personal information online. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 13 has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files.
How You Can Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact:
Solar Mosaic, Inc.
Attention: Customer Service Department
300 Lakeside Dr., 24th Floor,
Oakland, CA 94612